Criteria for Application
- Over 18 years of age.
- Must be accessing Homeless services.
- In receipt of a Social Welfare Payment. (including SWA & BASI)
- Not having previously exhausted maximum lifetime of CE participation.
- Have the necessary commitment and ability to cope with the daily routine of programme participation over 19.5 hours per week.
- Stable in their recovery from addiction issues and mental health if present
- The CE Engagement Project will work with each participant on creating and following an Individual Learner Plan which will aim to equip the participant with the skills necessary to return to full time education or employment.
- Elements that may form part of a participant’s Individual Learner Plans may include:
- QQI accredited training modules in subjects such as communications, personal effectiveness, internet and email, customer care, etc.
- Group work on topics such as life skills, goal setting and teamwork.
- Visiting speakers from across the employment and recruitment sector.
- Individual one-on-ones to work on career paths.
- Work experience in a variety of roles within Dublin Simon Community.
- Work experience with external employers.
Supports while on the Programme
- Individual one-to-ones with your CE Supervisor
- Support from your work placement Line manager and Team.
- Supports with referrals to other services that a participant wants to link in with e.g Counselling Service, Health and Wellbeing Service.
Benefits for the Participant
- Working with Dublin Simon Community, a well-established organisation.
- Working as Part of a Team.
- Building Confidence and Self-Esteem.
- Having a routine, structure and weekly timetable.
- Socialising with others, group work with peers.
- Learning and Gaining new skills and Training.
- Opportunities to apply for internal Job Vacancies.
- Personal and Professional Development.
- Opportunities to avail of External Trainings.
- Working with Supervisors and facilitators with an understanding of the Barriers to work that come with experiencing Homelessness.
- Working at an individualised pace.
How to Apply
Please complete the Referral Form attached with a staff member from the Homeless Service you are Accessing.
© 2023 Dublin Simon Community | Charity Registration: No. 20009892 | Charity Number: CHY 5963