Dublin Simon Community’s Literacy and Personal Development service, aims to engage people accessing our services in education, training, employability and personal development.
By providing classes and workshops we wish to encourage personal development, active participation and greater social interaction. We believe meaningful activities are central to providing structure, purpose, wellbeing, intellectual stimulation, self-esteem, socialisation and independence in the lives of people using our services through:
- Meaningful Activities such as dancing, photography, art, crafts, creative writing, drama, drumming and many more;
- Literacy classes;
- Courses on personal development and life coaching;
- Scrappy But Happy, the artwork and creative writing series by people using our services;
- Recognition events to showcase clients’ participation and their work;
- Information and support to access community education, training, employment and voluntary options;
- Promoting external education, training and employment events;
- External networks and partnerships to share learning and identify systemic barriers to people who are homeless accessing progression routes.