World Hepatitis Day 2021
The door is open to Hepatitis treatment
Highly effective treatments are available which eliminate 95% of infections.
On World Hepatitis Day we wanted to share with you some information on our Blood Borne Virus (BBV) unit.
Dublin Simon Community’s BBV Unit
- Linking and re-engaging clients with their respective disease clinic for commencement of hepatitis treatment.
- Safe environment for stabilisation.
- ‘Reduce The Use’ programme and Health promotion Groups to promote positive outcomes and completion of treatment.
- 24/7 nurse availability with daily GP visits.
- Monitoring of clients for early diagnosis of ailments.
- In 2020, 100% of eligible clients were engaged with Hep C treatment.
- To date in 2021 100% of eligible clients have been engaged with Hep C treatment.