For well over 25 years Super Mario Kart has been one of the most popular and influential racing games in history. To this day, it is still being played competitively by thousands of gamers, all over the world.
Now, Dublin Simon Community want to invite you to become part of this epic tradition! This November we are organising a Gaming for Good – Mario Kart Tournament. Teams from some of Dublin’s biggest and best tech firms will compete with each other to find out who is the ultimate and undisputed, Mario Kart Champion.
This year when Christmas fundraising events and Christmas parties as we know them are not possible – Dublin Simon would like to bring your employees together to take part in our new virtual event. Gather as many of your team as are able to play and we’ll be there to help you run your own internal competition to find your best racer/racers. These will be invited to participate in our live streamed, tournament races and grand final, with the winner taking home our beautiful Gaming for Good trophy! Throughout the tournament we will have a fundraising leader board, and regular updates via social media, to keep-up the competition between different participating companies and teams alive and kicking.
Taking part in Gaming for Good will be great craic, for sure. But your participation will change lives too. The entry fee and fundraising will go directly to supporting the 6200 individuals who are currently homeless in Dublin. By getting involved your company can help tackle homelessness this winter.
How it works
- Sign your company up for a €500 entrance fee (this covers one competitor in the final)
- Gather your team together for an internal competition to find the fastest racer/racers
- Set up your fundraising page and send us the link so you are added to the leader board
- Start fundraising and promoting on social media and to friends and family!
- Once all the participating challengers are decided up, the final tournament races will begin culminating in the grand final
- Tournament winner receives a personalised trophy
- Top fundraising team receives a prize
It has been a very difficult year for everyone, including for many businesses around the country who are facing the realities of this economic crisis, however, given the challenges we now face we need to remember those most in need of help.
We need your help now. To find out more about Gaming for Good or to get involved drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org